Saturday, January 30, 2010

A good post...

I figured it is about time to do a good post, so here goes...

I am in the middle of planning the twins first birthday party. I am so excited for it. It feels good to look forward to something. I am having their birthday party on my actual birthday. I am glad that I decided to do it then, it makes me excited for my birthday too. I was concerned about how I would feel in light of everything going on, so it really will be a great thing.

My birthday last year was horrible. Lucy and Cole were born 5 days before, and I felt so awful. It took me 8 weeks before I started feeling normal from having the twins. My heart was always pounding, my hands shook so bad, my blood pressure was out of control, I was anemic from losing so much blood during my c-section. I was so grateful that I didn't end up needing a blood transfusion. Even though it was a pretty rotten time, I would not change a thing about it at all.

Their birthday theme is 1st birthday princess and 1st birthday prince. The decorations are so cute! I am so grateful to my sister who bought them as their gift. Everything will be pink and blue. I am thinking that I will have pizza and some snacks. The twins love pizza, just like their momma! I bought Owen a yo gabba gabba memory game today so he has a little gift to open too, he is having some issues with jealousy. I don't blame him, it must be hard for him, he doens't get nearly as much attention as he did pre-babies.

I am having the party in the basement, what a chore that is going to be! My mom and I are going to work down there tomorrow when Jon takes the kids for a little bit. It will end up working out perfectly because it needs to be cleaned down there anyway so Faith and Jake can move down there.

Well, I must head on off to bed soon, it is almost 2 in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment